Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Soaked with Sound

I feel soaked! And that's because I've lingered indoors listening to the sound of the rain all through the night and early morning.

No doubt ... it is a comforting, soothing sound. That's most assuredly why people often wish to take a nap or read a book when the sky is falling. Still, I'm not sure whether the rhythm of the rain hitting the deck and roof, or the overcast skies, or both, are responsible for my feeling of slow, easy quietness.

Regardless, my T'ai Chi Chih practice and short meditation this morning felt wonderfully peaceful. It seemed absolutely effortless to slow down. I simply matched my pace to the quiet easy rhythm of the pattering rain. I'm definitely feeling better day by day and I'm grateful that I allowed myself to take the time and space to nurture my body and soul over the weekend.

Broken branches are scattered around the parking area. It doesn't appear to be overly windy at the moment but I'm curious what surprises the predicted weather patterns will bring as morning segues into afternoon.

No comments: