Saturday, October 2, 2010

Festing and Feasting on Apples

I heard a comment today that Apple Fest was perfectly timed with the coloring of the leaves. It is brilliant outside. Already, though, it feels as if we're beyond the peak of color; more leaves fall or are pushed off the trees each day.

My work at the library today was filled with out-of-towners coming through the front door and asking whether we had a bathroom. Our book sale was a major draw but our bathrooms, it seemed, were at least as popular as three books for $1.00. I didn't check out or check in many books but I was constantly answering questions, giving directions, and listening to visitors' comments about our beautiful Carnegie library.

Needless to say, by the time I made it home tonight I was ready to launch into my TCC practice. It revived, relaxed, refreshed, and reinstated me in the present moment. And, after tomorrow's day of rest I'll be ready to return to the trash laden streets of our fair city. By late tomorrow afternoon Apple Fest will be over for another year but we'll still be eating fresh orchard apples for another month or two. Mmm.

No comments: