Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Smiling in the Dark Reflection

Day six at the new library job. I feel more relaxed than I did the first four days (i.e., two weeks). I'm also starting my day later in the morning to guarantee that I'll feel alert and capable as I work into the early evening hours.

By nature, I'm a morning person because that's when my energy is strong and my mind operates in "drive." On work days when I don't get my TCC practice completed prior to leaving for work, I can feel myself (body and mind) dragging and blanking out by the end of the day. Then I'm not well-equipped to do either a post-work practice or a blogging session.

My evening blogs tend to be short and not-so-sweet because my mind struggles with ideas, content, and vocabulary. That certainly seems to be true this evening even though I do feel more rested and relaxed following my TCC practice than I felt before I began.

By practice end this evening I saw myself smiling in the dark reflection of the window. Yes! I've done it again (started practice when I'm tired and ended up feeling better). It is hard to convince the mind to go along with a practice session when I'm exhausted. When I succeed, though, I'm always glad that I persevered.

No comments: