Sunday, September 19, 2010

Silent Sunday Blessings

Today's TCC practice in the middle of the woods was silent and silencing.... Other than the motor of an occasional car driving by on the quarter-mile distant highway there was no sound.

The geese slept on the driveway behind me, beaks tucked beneath their wings. Namaste lay before me in surveillance mode quietly observing everything around him (one chipmunk moved so quietly behind him that he didn't realize it was there). Leaf shadows cast against the side of the house were simple streaks of darkness that reminded me of a Chinese brush painting.

Me? I moved upon the sand of the driveway in ultra-quiet. The stillness seeped into me. Once a brief rush of breeze moved through the forest. And was gone.

It felt lovely to be outside in sun-dappled silence. With nothing to distract me from this present moment and presence in the moment I felt an abundance of space for my mind and heart to expand into the deep peace all around me. What a gift to live in the beautiful stillness of this wooded home. I feel blessed....

No comments: