Sunday, September 5, 2010

Magnifico!

Gorgeous is too plain a word to describe this incredible day. The sun is warm, the air cool, and the quiet-- ahhh, the quiet--is restful and regenerative.

I did my T'ai Chi Chih practice out on the deck before my companions rose for the day. The peace was plentiful! And ... a buzz of activity circled me as well. Two woodpeckers chirped to each other as they climbed a tree trunk. Chipmunks and squirrels scurried around the forest floor briskly performing their winter preparations. And the sun shone with boastful magnificence in anticipation of its soon-to-be journey further south for the season.

Sunlight dapples the forest greenery as the afternoon slips quickly by. I can't help myself, I want to be walking along the lakeshore or forging my way through the forest while the brilliance of this day is still full, warm, and overflowing with energy.

It's time to gather my friends for an outing into nature's grand display. My t'ai chi chih practice was a wonderful entry into the magnificence of this day....

No comments: