Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leaves Falling, Geese Honking

The day started out wind swept and rain drenched. In early afternoon the sun glimmered through big blue rips in the clouds and by midday the atmosphere brightened to full sun.

My late afternoon TCC practice outdoors was absolutely glorious. The temperatures rose to almost-60 and the forest blazed with color. Yesterday the first fall of leaves began and today leaves continue to accumulate on the driveway as they flutter from heaven to earth.

Mid-practice a gaggle of Canadian geese approached from the north, honking and calling back and forth like a bunch of conventioneers yelling to each other in a large auditorium. They were so loud and raucous that I paused mid-form to observe their approach and departure. Soon the largest contingent of geese I've even seen--at least 70 members strong--passed overhead heading south. It was a special moment, grand and glorious.

It felt so warm outside that I practiced in shirtsleeves as I soaked in sunbeams and feasted my eyes on nature's delicious palette of colors. It feels as if winter is fast-approaching; I'm reveling in the fullness of color that surrounds me right now before winter's curtain of white begins to drop upon every living being.

No comments: