Sunday, September 26, 2010

From Do-ing to Be-ing

This morning's silence was broken by the repetitive on/off of the furnace blower fan. The outside thermometer read slightly less than 30 degrees; it's obvious that last night we hit our lowest temps yet this fall. There's a crackle and snap to the air.

Yellow ferns in the south ravine turned rusty brown overnight. Though I didn't see froze glistening from the grasses, it does appear that fall is proceeding at an accelerated pace.

Thankfully, my morning TCC practice converted me from a human doing to a human being. I rolled out of bed, my mind overwhelmed by the mountain of chores that awaited me. As I moved I gradually felt my body unwind, my mind shift into quietness. By three-quarters of the way through the form my pace slowed, my mind unruffled.

Now I'm calm, refreshed, and ready for an enjoyable and (perhaps) productive day.

No comments: