Friday, August 27, 2010

A New Day

It's a glorious morning! So glorious, actually, that I flew out to the deck to practice TCC immediately after I fed the geese and birds.

In front of me sit a dozen ripening tomatoes lining the deck railing, half green and half red. I placed them there before my practice to offer them every single inch-ounce-pinch-bounce of available sunlight. I carry them inside each evening, of course, to avoid a juice-splattered bear feast in the darkness of night.

Further into the woods sunbeams pierce the forest canopy and settle their light upon a dead tree trunk, leaves, a fern, and miscellaneous undergrowth. The kitten races around me checking for who knows what on her daily rounds. Several hummingbirds visit feeder and jewel weed then jet into the sky. Within a week or two the hummers will journey to their winter home in Mexico or Central America and I'll miss their flitty, flighty, busy, buzzy presence.

I end my TCC practice by quietly sitting in a lawn chair on the deck. As Justin advises, I simply receive. I receive the rays of sunlight. The quiet, gentle breezes. The busy buzz of hummingbirds. The chatter of a squirrel. The wonderful, enlivening silence of a new day....

No comments: