Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Eat Tomatoes ... Recycle ... Plant Trees ... Practice TCC

Yes, today is a good-better-even better day. In late afternoon I discovered Ander, the male goose, eating several of our ripe tomatoes right off the vine. Frances banished him to his barnyard. Frankly, it's difficult to keep our tomatoes from being gouged out and sampled by slugs. Our geese are extremely well-fed and we'd like to eat these highly prized tomatoes ourselves, thank you very much.

During a late afternoon car ride to the dump to drop off recycling and garbage we stowed the cat and dog in the car too. Chiripa--like most cats--doesn't leap at the chance to ride along on car trips. She managed to attract attention at the dump, though, as several neighbors and acquaintances approached the car to see her and exclaim over her beautiful markings.

Today I discovered photos from the TCC Teachers' Conference posted on my Facebook page and include a link here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeagle/sets/72157624651090793/show/

It's worth checking out Lied Lodge, the handsomely designed hotel that hosted our conference. Initial pictures show some of the huge, beautiful tree trunks that stand in the reception area as guests enter the hotel. The banner that reads Plant Trees in 12 different languages figures predominently in these shots as well. Later in the slide show there's a shot of Anna and I as we prepare to lead the first morning's TCC practice. TCC Guide Sister Antonia and teacher-trainer Sandy stand nearby.

This evening's TCC practice was quiet save for two sets of buzzing: mosquitoes that circled 'round me like a crowd of guests at a dessert bar and Frances as she sliced off a section of bass tree with her chainsaw a short distance down our driveway. A light breeze massaged me with cool, deft fingers and I flowed through my practice like an agile stream gliding down a well-traveled ravine.

1 comment:

Evergreen said...

Epiphany: Wanted to tell you, I had a dream last night where my spirit guide took me on a journey into the universe. We were basking in all the energy available, glowing. Then she said, "feel it in all your body." She was talking about TCC and how I've been feeling the energy in my hands only. So this morning, I focused on feeling the energy in all of me and it worked! It was amazing, so I had to let you know. Thanks.