Sunday, July 11, 2010

What would Justin say?

Today is a nice cool-down from the past few hot, humid days. Now, in late afternoon, it is 70 degrees, overcast, and, though it threatened rain several times throughout the day, no measurable wet stuff has tumbled from the sky.

I'm spending the day in sorting mode. Frances and I worked on the basement this morning; I'll spend the rest of this afternoon organizing files and papers in my office. It feels tremendously helpful to release and let go of excess. And, the more I clear and organize, the better and more energetic I feel.... The Chi can flow!

I chose my TCC practice spot today based on air circulation. The northeast corner of the deck had a wonderful breeze so it was there that I conducted my practice. When I came to my final standing pose, I felt as though I was cushioned in a cool, comfortable swirl of air.

I recently read (I can't remember where) that Justin Stone thought TCC teachers who live in small, remote communities slip more easily into bad habits. Perhaps that's one reason why I practice as often as I do with the teachers on Justin Stone's TCC DVD. I frequently evaluate my practice and search for ways to improve. How can I relax more completely? How can I open the way for Chi to flow with greater ease and freedom?

Gee. What would Justin say??? Practice. Practice. Practice.

No comments: