Tuesday, July 13, 2010

T'ai Chi Chih-Initiated Relaxation

A beautiful, cool, sun-dappled evening cycles 'round me. I practiced my TCC in the presence of my family members once again ... Ander and Lucy, Namaste, and Chiripa all lounged in front of me as I moved through the form. At one point Frances also passed by and plopped the geese into their handmade pond one at a time.

It's another peaceful day here in the woods. I'd never know it when I venture out into the larger world; there was constant bustling traffic when I drove to the library, pharmacy, and grocery store today. That's saying something ... the normal off-season mode here is quiet with little to no traffic.

It felt like my new tennis shoes eased the pressure on my foot neuroma as I practiced today. That's a very good thing! Less pain ... more gain. The skeeters (mosquitoes) were in prime form and I finished my practice with a number of itchy spots on ankles and legs.

Now it's time to continue my T'ai Chi Chih-initiated state of relaxation. I hear the dinner bell ringing in my head....

1 comment:

Evergreen said...

I love hearing about your family around you during TCC practice. This morning, my dog was lying behind me and yesterday one of the barn cats insisted on being right by my foot during my practice. I think the animals know relaxation energy pretty well and love to be around us when we feel it too.