Saturday, July 24, 2010

Slow Down You Move Too Fast

After a rain-filled night we woke to mostly-clear skies and sunshine in the flatlands of Roseau. It IS muggy. Needless to say, I did my TCC practice in the shade where I felt an occasional coolish breeze.

I'm out of whack today ... slow moving, dropping things, boiling oatmeal over on the stove, etc. I don't know what's going on but I do know that something's not quite right. So what better time to do a T'ai Chi Chih practice? I skipped out on the group biking opportunity (I didn't trust myself on a bike for the moment) and did my practice instead.

It felt good to quit pushing myself and simply s-l-o-w w-a-y d-o-w-n. I DID slow down as I went through the motions and though I still feel a bit out of round I do feel better. With TCC as my motivation to go slow I think I'll take a clue and continue my slow, relaxed pace throughout the day. As I discovered earlier this morning, the more I push myself the faster I drop things and end up with a mess to clean.

Today I'll practice staying rooted to the earth and suspended from the sky as I go through my day.  It's clear that I need a lot of support and my TCC practice got me in the groove. On with the day at a slow, careful, relaxed, enjoyable pace....

No comments: