Saturday, July 17, 2010

Re-Membering Peace

Early evening skies adopted the color and feel of rain. It's still and subdued as we await the arrival of a storm. Every moment feels over-plump with anticipation....

Earlier today skies were clear and sunny. During my morning walk I encountered a fawn and its mother crossing the road that I'd just turned onto. The fawn led the way and both it and its mother paused to watch me before leaping into the opposite ditch.

I spared myself from tonight's hungry buzz of mosquitoes and practiced TCC in the upstairs bedroom as I looked out the window. While moving I watched the golden orange-red flames of a fire that Frances started in the firepit as they leapt and danced in the quiet green woods. Near the end of practice I noticed Frances walking toward the fire carrying a stick with a large collection of marshmellows to roast.

It's been a busy day filled with dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. The TCC movements invited me to slow down, relax, and re-member peace....

No comments: