Monday, July 5, 2010

Loosey Goosey

A cool(er) beginning to the day. With temperatures near 60 and zero-nada-nothing for a breeze I opted for an indoor TCC practice. The mosquitoes used me for target practice during the few minutes I ventured outside to hang bird feeders. It didn't seem worth it to add to my collection of bites.

I began my practice in the living room as I peered through the patio door into the dark woods. The only sounds I heard were the roar of fans on the north and south sides of the house as they shuttled fresh, cool air inside.

Few creatures were stirring. Several birds fluttered across my visual field. Another tiny creature scuttled across the deck (a mole? mouse?). Near the end of practice Chiripa appeared, mewing for me to open the door.

Today's practice was different. Looser. My movements felt so effortless that I shied away from adding Seijaku to my practice. I felt that it would require more effort and intent than my body could give. Later in the practice as my body and mind gained energy I added Seijaku with some of the movements.

It's another glorious summer day. I just took a break from writing this blog to help Frances give Lucy her second-to-last dose of antibiotics. And now ... on with the day!

No comments: