Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day of Rest

What a wonderful day of rest!

I practiced TCC in the calm quiet of evening after I positioned myself within view of the napping geese and simply flowed through the motions....

Shortly after my practice began Namaste and Ander engaged in a short episode of macho challenge and response. Ander dipped his head and headed toward the dog with an intent to nip. Namaste rose quickly and dashed from side to side avoiding, teasing, and playing.

Sometime later I head the sound of a tree cracking in the woods. Bear, I'll bet. This isn't the first time we've heard such a sound. A year or two ago Frances actually spotted a young bear dangling from a tree as it attempted to eat berries.

After I relaxed into the first half of my practice, I incorporated Seijaku into the second half. The evening was deliciously quiet. And now as the sun drops lower on the horizon I'm quiet too ... and peaceful.

No comments: