Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Simple Gifts

The beauty of our spring days is never-ending.... Today was fabulously cool with bright sunlight. A good day for a haircut.

I spent two-thirds of tonight's TCC practice outside on the deck and one-third inside in the living room. The 50 degree temperature was perfect until mosquitoes started circling and dive-bombing my head. Vamoose, I departed to my inner sanctum.

The female Eastern phoebe left her nest when I came outside onto the deck. I was concerned that, given her need to be discreet, she may be spending too much time away from her eggs. Of course, once I was inside I continued my practice near the patio door so she could still see me through the glass. Eventually I backed further into the living room as Ms. Phoebe seemed disinclined to fly into her nest until I was totally out of sight.

I thoroughly enjoy my outdoor practices.... The trill of birdsong, the zip of hummingbirds, and the chatter of squirrels are comforting sounds that add to my sense of relaxation and appreciation for all that surrounds me. I am blessed.

No comments: