Monday, June 14, 2010

Serenity Overdone?

This CD player (i.e., blog) is set on repeat. Today's temperatures crept up slightly ... it's now 50 degrees. Still, after several minutes of on-again, off-again sunshine early this AM, skies drifted in with huge piles of snowy clouds.

During these cloudy, grey days I've kept myself busy with a myriad of indoor projects. But I'm growing impatient with the grey days and feel ready to break out ... escape ... feel the sun massaging my skin again!

Today's T'ai Chi Chih practice was a do-along with Justin Stone as I followed his DVD instructions to review Seijaku. If I truly want to incorporate Seijaku into my regular practice, I'm understanding that I need to revisit Justin's DVD daily until I feel more comfortable and familiar with this variation of the form. It has been too many years since I was certified in Seijaku (1999) and I failed to maintain it as a part of my regular practice.

Seijaku feels good while I'm performing it but I question whether I'm trying too hard; sometimes I feel worn out or physically sore afterwards. I do believe that regular practice and familiarity with this aspect of Serenity in the Midst of Activity can ultimately lead to great benefits.

I followed today's Seijaku practice with a review of Francesco and Daisy Lee Garripoli's Qigong for Cleansing DVD. These movements, too, felt good, refreshing, and a bit challenging since I last practiced this qigong form a number of months ago.

Now it's off to walk the driveway, down and up, down and up, down and up....

No comments: