Saturday, June 12, 2010

Re-, Re-, Re-

I'm beginning to sound a bit like a rerun but here goes.... Skies, cloudy grey. Temperature: 45 degrees. Precipitation: rain's a'comin' soon.

Yep. Another day in the great North Woods. Meanwhile I've talked by phone to my sister in Baltimore, MD (90 degrees) and a friend in Columbia, MO (85 degrees, humid). Oh, yeah, I forgot. Summer solstice will be here in a week.

Meanwhile there's lots of animal activity in the neighborhood. Some creature left an unexpected gift on our deck last night. My guess? Bear. I'm surprised, though, that none of us awakened to the sounds (there had to be sounds). The dog didn't even bark.

Today Frances glimpsed three baby Eastern phoebe heads and beaks peaking over the edge of the nest above our patio door. Mom and dad are busily flying to and fro in their efforts to keep up with the feeding demands of their offspring.

During my TCC practice I watched a significant amount of tail pumping as the attentive parents worked diligently to catch insects and deliver them promptly to their babes. Occasionally I heard tiny cheeps and chirps. Other times there was no sound or movement visible other than an abrupt sweep and swoop of bird to nest and away again.

I didn't feel the same level of energy in the palms of my hands during today's practice as I experienced during yesterday's rainstorm but practice time flew by and I am re-energized, relaxed, and restored.

No comments: