Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

After our 85 degree welcome to the Twin Cities temperatures fell. During much of our visit I wore pants instead of the variety of shorts that I'd packed. Now, back in the northern climes, I've returned to early spring clothing: wool socks, turtleneck, fleece pullover.

Today's temps dropped from 50+ to current readings of 40. After our morning walk, our entire day has dripped and dropped with moisture. The rain falls continuously and is both greatly needed and tremendously appreciated. The constant sound of rain on the metal rooftop reminds me that we are well-blessed.

During today's walk we spotted two black bear crossing the road some distance in front of us. First one bear then, after a lengthy pause, another. The second bear turned its head and spied us. After he crossed the road, he turned and looked at us again. Then ... they vanished.

This evening's TCC practice was drenched in the sounds of rain falling, the dull grey of cloud-filled skies, and the heavy green of life growing and expanding. I moved slowly and softly, inspired by the constant rhythm of rain. It was a relief to sink into the practice knowing that I had no obligation to follow a schedule or rush to a meeting.

Now I merge with earth and sky as rain falls from distant clouds and runs in rivelets through the moistening earth....

No comments: