Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rain Touched

Clouds mask the sky and buffer the sounds of the forest. I look up and see low-lying clouds sweeping west to east. It's dark and growing darker. Soon the air cools and I sense a shift. I begin my TCC practice well aware of an innate sense of anticipation. And soon ... I feel a light sprinkle of moisture across my bare arms.

Perhaps this shower will be brief and light, I muse. I continue my practice. The dripping clouds soon pass and I move through Pulling in the Energy and Pulling Taffy. Then a new set of clouds appear offering heavier raindrops. The falling rain showers the leaves like colored sugar sprinkled across a freshly frosted sugar cookie. 

Eventually, the rainfall increases. I don't wish to retreat indoors so I turn quickly and move under the eaves. In order for me to continue my practice I must slightly adjust my movements to fit my body under the limited space that shelters me as I perform Anchor Step Taffy and Wrist Circle Taffy.

Once again the rain ceases and I step forward onto the deck and continue: Pulling Taffy Variation #3: Perpetual Motion, and on. Just as I lift my heel for Cosmic Consciouness Pose the rain returns. I bow my head and move indoors.

It felt especially wonderful to practice at the edges of a rainstorm. So quiet. So peaceful. So touched by nature.

No comments: