Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The most important thing I do each day ...

Today's weather: more of the same. It's raining this evening after a long day of overcast skies interspersed with brief kaleidoscopes of sunshine. Tomorrow may bring a day of sun....

Tonight's practice was a repeat of yesterday; instead, though, I began practicing qigong with the Garripolis and finished with a full TCC practice with teachers Suni, Connie, Vic, and Rhonda. I interspersed my TCC practice with segments of Seijaku. It already feels easier to incorporate brief sections of Seijaku into my regular practice. As Justin says, what better way to learn than to: Practice, practice, practice.

I'm currently reading the May 2010 issue of The Vital Force journal. The writings offer glimmers of wisdom and inspiration from TCC's teacher trainers, Justin Stone himself, and other teachers. I particularly enjoyed a short piece by Judy Hendricks from Albuquerque, NM. She noted that after receiving some corrections at a TCC retreat she could feel much more Chi. "Since then," she continued, "practice has become more joyous. I pay attention much more closely to the flow [of Chi] during all the movements."

She ends her article by writing: The most important thing I do each day is my TCC practice and my sitting meditation. Realizing this I'm motivated to practice and experience the bliss. Yes! ... I agree.

No comments: