Saturday, June 26, 2010

Basking in Beauty

Fog fingers its way through the trees in the early morning coolness. My backyard fog horn is alive not mechanical; first, an enormous bee drones in and out of the purple-blue Johnson geraniums and then a hummingbird emits a low buzz as it hovers lightly in front of its feeder.

This morning's outdoor TCC practice is accompanied by beautiful background music, i.e., birdsong. It weaves its way into my subconscious and offers a comforting, pleasant harmony.

As I move forward-and-backward, side-to-side I soak in the bright flowery colors that spring up before me: oranges, yellows, blues, pinks, whites, and purples pop forth from the abundant, ever-present waves of green that circle 'round me. An occasional brush of breeze sends raindrops tumbling to the ground from the large oak that stands on the east side of the deck. Then an unexpected sneeze bursts out of me and blasts a chipmunk off the bird feeder.

Even the geese are quiet as they work their way around the deck and rummage through the multitude of green to pluck out a tender morsel. I feel part of everything, at one with the flowing movements of nature as I flow, too, from one gentle movement to the next.

When a friend telephones me later, I'm in exceedingly good spirits. I'm filled with the energy that I circulated and accumulated during my morning TCC practice ... and still basking in the beauty of nature that surrounds me morning 'til night.

No comments: