Sunday, May 30, 2010

Slow-Fast Practice

From the sounds of traffic on the road below our house, innumerable people migrated up to the South Shore for Memorial Day weekend. It feels busy on the road below us but quiet and peaceful here in the woods.

Today's TCC practice took place during the quiet before the storm. At least I'm anticipating a storm. The sky has closed and opened itself numerous times during the day but, at the moment, cloud cover is thorough and skies are grey. A hush lies over landscape and temperatures have fallen to around 50.

I began my practice upstairs. Then, frustrated by the haze-covered windows (they need to be cleaned!), I moved back downstairs to watch the outdoor landscape through the patio door. During the first half of practice time seemed to move slowly and during the second half, time speeded up.

I feel ultra-relaxed after my practice as if I could settle in for a nap. Instead, I'll make dinner and continue on with my day.

No comments: