Monday, May 3, 2010

Mood Mender

Brrrr. I practiced TCC outside on the deck this evening while temps hovered around 42 degrees. When I began, I heard an owl hooting deep in the forest and midway through a neighbor's chainsaw and barking dog took over.

Frances placed a beautiful bouquet of multi-petaled daffodils on the deck railing in front of me and, for a time, I let myself sink into the vibrant sunny yellow that vibrated before me. Then I simply focused on moving with softness and continuity.

Frances and I went out picking up trash along the side of the road today. We came back with two full garbage bags in addition to the trash bag I filled over the weekend. Luckily we can recycle most of the stuff we picked up. The most popular item tossed into the ditches? Lite beer cans of any and every variety. It felt good to see the ditches emptied out ... no glints or glares or flapping papers to distract from the natural beauty.

Quote of the day: Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. Willie Nelson

T'ai chi chih practice is certainly a simple, wonderful way to flip the switch on negativity. I call it my mood mender. Yup. I feel very, very good right now.

No comments: