Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year Resolution: Be Bold

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back ... Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth ... the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one ... all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance ... Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
                                                Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
This quote lay on my desk today as I sunk into my TCC practice. Perfect, I thought, there's no better way to start 2010 than with this invitation and reminder.

Certainly this blog and my daily TCC practice began as a dream that metamorphosed into reality. I didn't know what to expect, how to proceed or, even, if I was capable of following through with this daily commitment. Now, five weeks later, I find the shape of my life shifting and transforming. I don't know yet where I'm headed but ... the journey is begun. I'm excited and inspired by the life I'm creating.

Take today for instance. I woke exhausted after eight days of travel and new experiences. I delayed my TCC practice knowing there was much to do to prepare for Frances' afternoon massage client. Finally, while Frances vacuumed, I disappeared into my office, shut the door, and began to move.

Almost immediately I felt better. My energy improved. My mood lifted. The trees waved their branches and leaves to welcome me home (okay, perhaps it was the wind ...).

For me, this "Rooted in Earth, Suspended from Sky" practice and blog teaches me to let go and trust. I never know how my practice will proceed. I certainly don't know what I'll write. All that I focus on is this: each day--every day--I will move and write. That commitment and responsibility is a gift I give myself and somehow, inexplicably, it feeds and waters my soul.

No comments: