Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let there be Peace on Earth and Let it Begin with Me

Tonight's practice began, first, with a World Peace Card Meditation. At 7:30 pm I joined other Reiki practitioners and their friends worldwide as we allowed ourselves to become beacons of peace. Our meditations were directed toward five specific images: a World Peace Pendant and four World Peace Crystal Grids that have been placed at the north and south poles, in the Old City of Jerusalem, and in the classroom at the International Center for Reiki Training.

These cards were recently forwarded to me via email (thank you, Anna!) and I knew immediately that I wanted to participate in this monthly practice. For 15 minutes I held the cards in my hands, sent Reiki energy to the symbols pictured on the cards, and meditated on peace. What a powerful and power-filled experience!

I followed this meditation with my t'ai chi chih practice which flowed softly, slowly, and effortlessly. Performing seated meditation before my moving meditation practice was a welcome change. Typically I use t'ai chi chih practice to slow myself down. To begin TCC after I was already slowed down, peaceful, and relaxed was truly a gift.

I'm grateful that my busy day is almost over. Now I can luxuriate in the quiet calm that fills and surrounds me.

Peace....

No comments: