Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Intent and loving acceptance....

A splitting headache and nausea--akin to a migraine--slowed down my morning and delayed my practice. It's now late afternoon and, thankfully, I made it through practice with a less virulent headache than the one I woke up with.

The world of headache pain slows me down physically AND mentally. Yes, I was reminded of that fact during this afternoon's practice. When I arrived at the Taffies, I was so relaxed and/or headachy that I lost track of where I was in the form. Suddenly I was in the midst of Anchor Step Taffy. Had I skipped the Basic Taffy? I decided to revisit it but just as suddenly found my body doing Perpetual Motion Taffy. I'd skipped Wrist Circle Taffy entirely. Eventually I backed up and doubled up on some of the movements.

The moral of this story? It doesn't really matter in which order the t'ai chi chih movements are performed as long as they ARE performed. When so-called mistakes are made, just let it go....

The perfection of t'ai chi chih moving meditation practice is in its goal: to create internal peace (and, eventually, peace throughout the world). How do we do that? With intent and loving acceptance....

No comments: