Saturday, December 19, 2009

Being Peace

Darkness ... my favorite new practice time. Somehow when I move in the dark, I feel softer, slower, more relaxed. I immediately remember Justin Stone's frequent reminder about how to perform t'ai chi chih moving meditation: "Move slow motion as if in a dream."

Perhaps that's why a practice at dawn feels delightful. I'm not entirely asleep nor entirely awake. I'm not entirely in the dark nor entirely in the light. I'm not entirely still nor entirely speeded up.

The day hasn't quite begun and I'm held, briefly, in the "In-Between Times." I haven't allowed the day's busyness to yank me into its endless agenda. My mind hasn't accelerated onto the Monkey Mind racetrack. I can't see other creatures running, playing, flying or feeding and so, perhaps, without conscious intention, I am moving slow motion as if in a dream....

Every practice is slightly different. Each time I bring to my practice a different state of mind, intention, expectation, and body sense. Each time I remind myself to luxuriate in the experience of the NOW. Whatever happens, whoever is present, however my practice is performed ... all experiences are welcomed without judgment.... That's my goal, at least.

Of course, being fully present in the NOW is a never-ending journey. I'm grateful to find a few moments here--and there--to Be Peace....

No comments: